Sunday, March 17, 2013

Music of the week #02

Time for another "Music of the week"-post! What songs are on replay in my head lately?


"Sleeping Sun" by Nightwish

Yeah, another Nightwish song. I didn't really know this one however. It probably won't become one of my all-time favorites, but I still think it is a beautiful song. :) I've been trying to sing it, but I'm afraid I will need some opera lessons before I'll be able to correctly hit the high notes. :(

Favorite lines:
For my dreams I hold my life / For wishes I behold my night
- I wish for this night-time / to last for a lifetime
The darkness around me / Shores of a solar sea
- I'd sail before a thousand moons / Never finding where to go
- A moment for the poet's play / Until there's nothing left to say

Those are quite a lot of lines, but they're all so beautiful! :)



"Sacrimony (Angel of Afterlife)" by Kamelot

It's been out for a while already, but it caught my attention again. I love it when bands collaborate! This song features Alissa from The Agonist and Elize from Amaranthe, and the result is awesome! Love the clip too, make sure you watch it.

Favorite lines:
- The truth is lost and maybe never to be found / Like the shadows of my pantomime
- Voices echoing in my distorted mind / Is this for real or just a dream?
- Sing for me angel of afterlife calming me down / Chaos inside my nebula

I especially like the part where Elize sings "I am your angel of afterlife, calming you down..." Not really because of the lyrics, it just sticks in my head. :)



"The Nexus" by Amaranthe

A (quite) new one from Amaranthe. Cool clip and quite catchy and powerful song. I like their concept of the 3 different singers. This is not a song I like for the lyrics, I like it for the power it emits, but still, some lines:

- I have the will inside my mind / there is a voice I can't deny
- Trapped in my skin / 
See the nexus in my dreams / But will you bury me within
- And as the darkness reveals / I see no reason / For me to reach for the cure / I'm my own demon

That was it for today, enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment