Thursday, February 28, 2013

Music of the week #1

Hi there!

I don't know if I'll be doing this every week, but I feel quite musical so today I will post some songs that were on my mind this week. :p Since I really love lyrics in songs, I'll also post some of my favorite lines.

To start with, two new songs from bands I like.



"Now" by Paramore
A little bit more "electronic" than usual I guess. I'm not a huge fan, but it's catchy and energetic, I like it! The clip is a bit boring in my opinion, and Hayley looks... different. I prefer her other style, but hey, it's her life, she can do whatever she feels like with her hair. :)

Favorite lines:
- I'm bringing my sinking ship back to the shore
- There's a time and a place to die but this ain't it
- If there's a future, we want it now



"My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'Em Up!)" by Fall Out Boy
And the price for the longest song title goes to... Fall Out Boy! Auto-complete for the win! Also pretty different from usual, a bit too repetitive to make me love it, but like "Now": soooo catchy and energetic! As for the clip: I find it pretty boring too, and a pity you don't see the band, but fans are speculating this is a statement to announce that they are going to be a completely new Fall Out Boy. I'm curious! :)

Favorite lines:

- I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see / That you're the antidote to everything except for me
- A constellation of tears on your lashes / Burn everything you love then burn the ashes



"Wish I Had an Angel" by Nightwish
I'm still stuck in my Nightwish-era and I don't think it will be over soon. This one is old but gold! Heard it many, many times already, but this week it really caught my ear and I looked up its meaning. Now I understand why there's moaning in there... ;) But aah, such an awesome song. My brain seems to have put it on repeat, and whenever nobody is around, I sing along. I'm going to convince my buddies who play in a band to rehearse this one. :p

Favorite lines:
- This night will hurt you like never before
- Old loves they die hard / Old lies they die harder
- I`m in love with my lust / Burning angel wings to dust
- Beauty always comes with dark thoughts

Some pure poetry in my opinion :)

That's about it! Goodnight and greets,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment