Saturday, April 12, 2014

Age of Wonders 3 released


It has been way too long since I've posted here. I have been on a study trip too the USA and Canada, moved to the Netherlands for my internship and worked on the final details of Age of Wonders 3.
I'd love to talk a bit more about this study trip, but I feel it is long overdue, so I'll focus on the more recent event: the release of Age of Wonders 3.


Time really does fly! I'm already working for 2 months at Triumph Studios, and the game has already been out for almost 2 weeks, unbelievable!

For those who don't know Age of Wonders: it's a turn-based fantasy strategy game with tactical combat. If you want to know more about it, visit the website. I can only say the game has received many positive reviews and a Metacritic score of about 83%. If strategy and/or fantasy are things you like, get the game! :D

The awesome statue of the Collector's Edition we received at work

Okay enough publicity. ;) I'd like to share a bit about what I did and what I do right now. About two months before release, most of the work is already done, so I mostly had to test. This included bug-hunting, but also testing play-ability and streamlining the experience by balancing, asking for the implementation of small features and sometimes a few changes to the level.

Now we are working on new content, which is very cool and interesting. I can't say to much of course, but it includes some (level) design, and I'm really enjoying it. I can't wait to show of some of my work, but we'll have to be patient. ;)


That's it for now! I barely had any time left because of all the things that have to be taken care of (moving is so time consuming!) but I finally feel like I've settled down a bit, so I'm eager to start on a new personal project. You'll read about it here when the time comes!

Have a nice day,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment