Thursday, October 10, 2013

Icy particle scene WIP


Hi there! I'm currently working on a school assignment that consists of adding particle effects to a scene in UDK. We could choose between 5 scenes that the teachers provided to us. I chose the scene with four skeletons around an altar and decided to make something icy with it.

Magical cold fire, falling snow, the skeletons opening a portal for an ice spirit to come out... I've been working about half a day on this already, and I'll still add some things here and there, but I'm already pretty pleased with the result. It's my first time working with particles in UDK after all!


The cauldrons will get some smoke and I need to add something to the portal to make it look as if something will come out of it. Someone said that if this was in a game, he would really like it, so I'm flattered already. :)


By next week it should be finished. We'll probably still get some extra feedback and I'll try to incorporate it, then I'll post a little video with some more explanations. For now: enjoy the still images! ;)

Until next time,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment