Saturday, May 11, 2013

Rock in Mudbox


So, we got or points back from our "sculpted rock" assignment, which reminded me that I completely forgot to post it here! The image above is just a very simple presentation in UDK, read on to see more! :)


A screengrab in 3ds Max using the Xoliul Shader. Here you can see the rock as a whole :p


Textures (diffuse, normal and specular) are 1024 x 1024.

I wasn't super-pleased with the result, but it actually works quite well in our Level Design project. Got a 17/20! =D That made me quite happy. :)

While playing around I also made a rainbow version. It's actually just the specular that has very saturated colors, and it gives this cool "spilled oil effect".


I also changed the texture of this stone and the stones of my team mates so they would fit together in our level. I'll try to post some screenshots and some assets I made next time. Stay tuned! :)

Greets,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment